Here are the main features we released in CustomerVue on 28th June 2018.
VHC: History at-a-glance
Lots of CustomerVue users asked us to add in a feature so that they could better understand any historic work carried out on a car.
We've now made it easy to see from a T-card if a VHC has been carried out on a vehicle with a quick link to see the previous healthcheck.
VHC: Amber status auto-change option
The VHC amber status can now be set to not change (remain green) when notes are added.
This can be set at a for your site via the Admin settings area or contact support for help.
VHC: Time saving on tyre entry
We've added quick links to the VHC tyre section that make it quicker and easier to enter in identical tyre pattern codes.
Now when all 4 tyres, or front and back tyres are the same pattern, you can simply tick a box to link them and you won't have to retype again.
VHC: Improved update button
We've added in a prominent update button that follows you down the page as you scroll reminding you to update your VHC.
You can now use the new update button and be confident all of your changes have been saved.
Messaging: Improved pop-up
We've improved messaging so now you won't get a pop-up that requires you to close it or view the messages.
We've designed a new notification that appears on the right of your screen that doesn't require any action. If you ignore it, it will simply fade away. To implement this, please contact support.
T-card Board: Major speed upgrade
We know that busy workshops can sometimes experience slow loading times on T-card control boards.
We've been under the bonnet and made some major improvements to these pages, with control boards now loading 60 - 80% faster, in an average of 5 - 10 seconds.
Want all the knowledge? Here are the full CustomerVue release details in all their glory.
- Significant upgrades to CustomerVue performance on control boards
- Improved, less intrusive pop-up when new messages appear
- Changed the layout of messages to and from CustomerLounge so that they are now presented chronologically
- VHC history can now be seen from the T-Card view
- VHC tyre patterns can now be linked
- New prominent update button saves all changes on page
- VHC status can now be set to not change to amber when notes are added.
- Added in links to Autino corporate Privacy, Cookie and Acceptable Use policies
- Changed the order in drodown menu for CustomerLounge 'message types'
- Fixed an issue with labour rates in CustomerVue Admin
- Fixed an issue with date and time when sending a delayed message
- Fixed an issue when sending a group VHC